A hostel has to be a home away from home for every student. We at NMIMS have taken this to heart and provide excellent housing facilities for our students. Situated a stone’s throw away from the campus, our hostels for both boys and girls have great infrastructure and are equipped to make the students feel at home. Whether it is chilling with friends over a cup of tea on a rainy day or getting together to stay the night up studying, the NMIMS students have a time of their lives at the hostels.
We have two full-fledged hostels and four rented residential accommodations (taken care of by the University) in Mumbai, separately for boys and girls. While the allotment is done on a first come first serve basis, outstation students are given the preference.
Recreation is never a problem at our hostels. With gyms and sports facilities, it is an all-encompassing space. The boys hostel has ample space to play outdoor sports and is mostly frequented during the evenings.
Students are treated to good quality, affordable food in the hostel messes. This ensures that food is the least of the worries for the budding managers of tomorrow.
Students are required to vacate the hostel premises at the end of the academic session to allow the University to carry on maintenance work.
Hostel application forms are available on our website. Hostel fee may change each year. Students are required to submit the hostel fee along with all the necessary documents. Exact location of the accommodation is provided on our website 3 days before the start of classes. Students may take their refund only before start of classes with a deduction of Rs.3,000 as administration charges. After this, hostel fee may only be refunded in case his/her admission with the university is cancelled.
For Students of SPTM and MPSTME Shirpur Campus, hostel facilities with all modern amenities, good nutritious food, and purified drinking water facilities are available for both boys and girls.
NMIMS believes that social responsibility is a key contributor to progress and that the principles and techniques of management are applicable to both; the corporate sector and voluntary service organizations.
NMIMS is committed to nurturing the social entrepreneurs of tomorrow and strengthening the social entrepreneurs of today. In this context, NMIMS has designed a uniquely structured One Year Diploma program in Social Entrepreneurship and a Three-Year Part-Time MBA program in Social Entrepreneurship.
In order to institutionalize our social commitment further, we have established a Social Enterprise Cell with the following objectives
- To organize orientation and advanced courses for students of management in the area of management of social enterprises, micro finance, and social sector development.
- To design workshops, lectures, seminars, conferences, training programs, management development programs and symposia for providing knowledge and developing skills of executives from the cross sectors to address issues of sustainable development, micro enterprise development and management, marketing of rural products, management of NGOs, micro insurance and micro finance
- To document and publish success stories of social entrepreneurs who have impacted social changes using managerial skills
- To conduct field based qualitative and quantitative research in the field of social sector development, management of NGOs, corporate social responsibility, micro enterprise development, micro finance and other related areas.
- To support and inspire student interest in applying business skills toward positive social impact through organizations in the non-profit, public and private sectors.
The Student Council is the apex student body at NMIMS and represents the full-time students. The Vice-President, General Secretaries, Cultural Secretaries, along with a team of Executive members and course representatives, support the President with responsibility for each student body or activity on campus.
It is a formal communication channel between the students, faculties and the administration. It helps navigate all student-related activities while ensuring good quality of life for the students.
The council that works in tandem with the Student Council Representatives (SCRs) and Class Representatives (CRs) also has the sole responsibility of organizing the important events at NMIMS, like ‘Paragana’, the annual seminar and flagship event, ‘Euphoria’, the national B-school cultural fest, NMIMS-BMA event, the traditional event ‘Parampara’, the fresher and farewell parties and also all sporting events.
It also assists in all public relations activities and supervises student publications and newsletters. The council meets once a week and every two days during the weeks leading up to Paragana, Euphoria and Placement Week in the Students council room (IInd Floor) in the campus.