MANDATORY DISCLOSURES : ANTI-RAGGING MEASURES
In view of the directions of the Honorable Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging including any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in all higher education institutions in the country, and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students, the All India Council for Technical Education,(AICTE) brings forth these Regulations.
What constitutes Ragging: - Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Actions to be taken against students for indulging and abetting ragging:
- The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents.
- Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging.
- Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- An appeal against the order of punishment by the Anti-Ragging Committee shall lie,
- In case of an order of an institution, affiliated to or constituent part, of the University, to the Vice-Chancellor of the University;
- In case of an order of a University, to its Chancellor.
- In case of an institution of national importance created by an Act of Parliament, to the Chairman or Chancellor of the institution, as the case may be.
- The institutional authorities shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the Council form time to time.
School of Business Management
- Dr. Bala Krishnamoorthy, Chairperson, Balak@nmims.edu, 022 4235 5806
- Dr. Preeti Khanna, Member, Preeti.firstname.lastname@example.org, 022 4235 5864
- Dr. Madhavi Gokhale, Member, Madhavi.Gokhale@nmims.edu, 022 4235 5852
- Dr. Hari Kumar Iyer, Member, Harikumar.Iyer@nmims.edu, 022 4235 5891
- Dr. Prashant Dave, Member, Prashant.Dave@nmims.edu, 022 4235 5566
Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
- Dr. S. Y. Mhaiskar (Chairman) - email@example.com
- Dr. Satish Modh (Vice Chairman 1) - Associate Dean (Technology Management) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Vijay Raisinghani (Vice Chairman 2) - Associate Dean - email@example.com
- Prof. Vaishali Kulkarni (Co-ordinator 1) - Assistant Professor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Dhirendra Mishra (Co-ordinator 2) - Associate Professor (Computer) - email@example.com
- Prof. Prasad Gharat (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Civil) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Sawankumar Naik (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Mechanical) - email@example.com
- Cdr. (Retd.) S. S. Naronakar (Nodal Officer & Secretary) - Dy. Registrar - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Prof. Abhay Kumar (Co-ordinator 1) - Asst. Prof., MBA.(Tech.) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Manoj Sankhe (Co-ordinator 2) - Associate Prof. (Electronics) - email@example.com
- Prof. Vinod Jain (Member) - Assoc. Prof. (Electronics) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Avinash More (Member) - Assoc. Prof. (Electronics) - email@example.com
- Prof. Abhay Kolhe (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Computer) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Mahesh Mourya (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Computer) - email@example.com
- Prof. Lakshmi Gorty (Member) - Assoc. Prof. (Maths) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Krishna Palod (Member) - Asst. Prof. (Computer) - email@example.com
- Mrs. Sunita Saksena (Member) - Asst. Registrar (Admn.) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email ID of Institution - email@example.com
- Institutions Website - www.nmims.edu
- Address of the Institution - SVKM's NMIMS Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
- Behind Homeopathy College, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai 400 056
- Tel. No. of the Institution : - 0091-22-42334009
- Fax no. of the Institution: - 0091-22-26717779
Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy & Technology Management
- Dr. Bala Prabhakar - Chairperson - Bala.Prabhakar@nmims.edu
- Dr. Addepalli - Member - V.Addepalli@nmims.edu
- Dr Saritha Shetty- Member - Saritha.Shetty@nmims.edu
Balwant Sheth School of Architecture
- Ms. Aparna Parate (Faculty Representative) - Assistant Professor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miss. Tanvi Kundlival - Class Representative - 02nd Year - email@example.com
- Mr. Karan Chhibber - Class Representative - 03rd Year - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Vishesh Khetawat - Class Representative - 04th Year - email@example.com
Sunandan Divatia School of Science
- Dr. Aparna Khanna - Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Sunil Shirvaiker - Program Director (Statistics) - email@example.com
- Dr. Brijesh Sukumaran - Assistant Prof.-Biological Sciences - Brijesh.Sukumaran@nmims.edu
- Mr. Vinod Malap - Course Coordinator - Vinod.Malap@nmims.edu
Sarla Anil Modi School of Economics
- Prof. Amita Vaidya - Chairperson - Amita.Vaidya@nmims.edu - 022 - 42355721
- Prof. Nahid Fatema - Member - Nahid.Fatema@nmims.edu - 022 - 42355722
- Dr. Rohit Muraleedharan - Member Rohit - Muraleedharan@nmims.edu - 022 - 42355723
Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce
- Prof. Sangita Kher - Incharge Dean - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Sandeep Hegde - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
Institute of Intellectual Property Studies
School of Distance Learning
- Dr. Vidya Naik (Chairperson) - Associate Dean, School of Distance Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Deepak Gupta - Assistant Professor - email@example.com
- Dr. Nisha Jain - Assistant Professor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Sneha Utekar - Assistant Registrar - sneha.Utekar@nmims.edu
Anti-ragging Committee at hostels
- Shri Bhupesh Patel - Managing & Executive Committee Member, SVKM - email@example.com
- Shri Harshad H. Shah - Managing & Executive Committee Member, SVKM - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shri Rajubhai Shah - Managing & Executive Committee Member, SVKM - email@example.com
- Prof. Seema Mahajan - Director-Centre for Family Business & Entrepreneurship Management - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Varuna Saksena - Deputy Registrar (Academics)
Anti - Ragging Committee : SVKM's NMIMS, MPTP Shirpur Campus - 2018
- Chairperson - Director, SVKM's NMIMS - MPTP - Dr. R.S. Gaud - 02563-261555
- Member - Director, MPSTME - Dr. Nikhlesh Kumar Sharma - 02563-261545
- Member - Associate Dean, MPSTME - Dr. Nitin Choubey - 9284299654
- Member - Associate Dean, SPTM - Dr. Ashwini Deshpande - 9657762362
- Member - Associate Dean, CTF - Dr. P.P. Raichurkar - 9923946044
- Member - Chief Accountant & Administrator - Mr. Rahul Dande - 8806363999
- Member - Dy. Registrar - Mr. Rajeev Dalal - 9425318583
- Nodal Officer - Dy. Head Campus Security - Mr. Anil Nigam - 8552048928
- Member - Rector Boys Hostel - Mr. Sanjay Jha - 8788476703
- Member - Rector Boys Hostel - Mr. Shree Niwas Prasad - 7972839642
- Member - Rector Girls Hostel - Mrs. Prerna Soni - 9309820379
- Member - Hostel Coordinator - Mr. Giriraj Singh - 9422707827
- Member - Pharmacy
- Dr. Shirish Deshpande - 9422870306
- Dr. Chandrakant Bonde - 9850789904
- Dr. Preeti Sangave - 9224292694
- Dr. Smita Bonde - 9604399890
- Member - HODs Engineering
- Dr. Narayan Chandak - 8745883444
- Dr. K.K. Gupta - 9827406077
- Dr. Priyesh Kanungo - 9406623744
- Dr. Vijay Shivankar - 9860372051
- Dr. Malvika Sharma - 7798014980
- Dr. Govind Rajput - 9850023785
- Member - Placement Executive - Mr. Prasanna Ojha - 9826256664
- Member - Administrastive Officer - Mr. Mohit Punjabi - 8975149159
- Member - Librarian - Mr. Ravindra Mendhe - 9403503789
- Member - Student Council
- Mr. Lokesh Chandak - 7588759192
- Mr. Raj Patel - 9726487632
- Ms. Himakshi Chaudhary - 7219750782
- Ms. Lakshmi Nair - 8129705853
- Member - Parent Representative - Mr. Sharad Mistry - 9766605608
- Member - Social Activist - Mrs.Asha Rajesh Bagul - 9822630389
Anti-ragging Committee At Hyderabad Campus
- Dr. Prithvi Yadav - Director - Chairperson - email@example.com
- Dr. Srinivas Akella - Deputy Director - Member - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Karunakar B - Professor - Member - email@example.com
- Dr. Y L N Kumar - Associate Professor - Member - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Sasmita Misra - Assistant Professor - Member - email@example.com
- Dr. Kavita Kulkarni - Assistant Professor - Member - firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti-ragging Committee At Bangalore Campus
- Dr .Sashi Sivramkrishna - Professor - Chairperson - Sashi.Sivramkrishna@nmims.edu - 40855523 /40855555
- Mr. Ashish Dixit - Deputy Registrar - Member - email@example.com - 40855505/40855555
- Prof . G. Kanti Kumar - Professor (Finance) - Member - firstname.lastname@example.org - 40855543/40855555
- Abira Banerjee - Assistant Registrar - Member - email@example.com - 40855509/40855555