|Dr. Ashwini Deshpande||Professor||Pharmaceuticsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Ravindra R P||Professor||Pharmaceuticsemail@example.com|
|Dr. Chandrakant G. Bonde||Associate Professor||Pharm. Chemistryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. B. Sateesh||Associate Professor||Pharmacologyemail@example.com|
|Dr. Anil M Pethe||Assistant Professor||Quality Assurancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
1. Blood rheology,
2. Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS),
3. Solvent & Wurster coating and drug layering,
4. Toxicological studies for Pharmaceuticals,
5. Role of bioenhancers in improving clinical efficacy of some APIs,
6. Pharmacological evaluation of small molecules/plant constituents/natural products in various animal disease models
7. Impurity profiling,
8. Bioanalytical studies,
9. Formulation and standardization of Herbal / Ayurvedic formulations,
10. Designing novel agents using Computer Aided Drug Designing.
• Analytical method development and validation
• Method development for bioavailability/ bioequivalence studies
• Impurity profiling
• Spectroscopic analysis using UV and IR.
• HPLC, GC and HPTLC analysis.
• Process development of bulk drugs and drug intermediates
• Synthesis of impurities and metabolites of drugs
• Lead optimization studies
• Biochemical synthesis
Formulation and Development:
• Preformulation studies & development of various dosage forms like Tablets, Capsule, Liquid orals, Ointments, Gels, and Powders
• Controlled release drug delivery systems by hydrophilic single matrix tablet
• Sustained release formulations using matrix and coating technology
• ODT and novel approaches in ODT’s like taste masking
Novel Drug Delivery Systems:
• Liposomal drug delivery system
• Ethosomes drug delivery system
• Transdermal drug delivery
• Microparticle drug delivery
Pharmacology and Toxicology:
• Toxicological studies for formulations,
• Role of bioenhancers in improving clinical efficacy of some APIs,
• Pharmacological evaluation of small molecules / plant constituents / natural products in various animal disease models (Angiogenesis, Diabetes Type I & II, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Hepatoprotective activity)
Efforts taken by School to promote the Research:
To be vibrant and innovative centre for research and consultancy, to impart quality education and training and to carry out research and consultancy in consonance with the vision of the university, SPTM is providing state-of–art infrastructure and a research friendly atmosphere in synergy with innovative pedagogy and global networking, to carry out world class research, in various disciplines.
SPTM identifies the faculties with research zeal & motivates them so as to concentrate much on research. Held’s competition amongst researchers, awards best researcher every year with cash prize, memento & certificates during convocation. Provisions are also there for minor research grant by the University.
• Inform the faculty and students regarding forthcoming events in pharma field around the globe and about research funding agencies
• Encourages and guides the faculty to present the research work at national and international conferences, to submit the projects for research grants.
• Provision of budget for minor projects of M Pharm. II year students (Chemical expenses 100000/-) is also made.
• Institute has online subscription of Science Direct, Bentham Science & subscription to hard copies of the scientific journals for the departmental requirements.