In order to meet the growing demand for management education, SVKM, with the help of handsome donation from Narsee Monjee Educational Trust, established Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies in 1981. The institute commenced its activities with starting of Masters Degree Programme in Management Studies.
Through this University, is contributing to contribute to strengthening the corporate foundation by imparting training in the latest techniques and know-how. The Institute renews its commitment to produce well-trained professionals who can take on the challenges and become modern day business managers.
- NMIMS was the first business school to be accredited and awarded a “FIVE STAR” rating by the UGC sponsored National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), which is the highest rating that is awarded by the council.
- NMIMS has been awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certification by ICL.
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission (UGC) has accredited NMIMS University with Grade ‘A’ (Score 85-90%)
The Institute is active in improving partnership with industry through research, consultancy and student driven projects.
In order to give greater focus to the interaction with the industry, the Institute recently set up an exclusive cell i.e. Industry Institute Partnership Cell, which, came into being with financial support from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in the year 2002.
The Industry Institute Partnership Cell is the focal point of sustained relationships with companies for:
- Curriculum Development
- Consultancy Programmes
- Industry Specific Training Programmes
- Management Development Programmes
- Mentorship Programme for students by industry experts
The IIPC strives to build up industry sponsored collaborative Post Graduate Programmes. It also conducts workshops, seminars and guest lectures for students to expose them to the realities of the corporate environment.
Faculty members often take innovative initiatives to promote Industry Institute Partnerships. In order to strengthen the Industry Institute Partnerships. In order to strengthen the Industry Institute Partnership, NMIMS has entered into a tie up with Jindal Iron and Steel Company. The tie-up involves exchanging a faculty member with an Industrial manager in a unique interchange of their roles for a period of three months. The manager works on the campus and undertakes academic activity like conducting classes for NMIMS students and writing up case studies, while the faculty member works in the company. The faculty also designs a case study for the industry (JISCO) on the basis of his experience.
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Melbourne, Australia
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Grenoble Ecole de Management, France
- Athens University of Economics & Business, Greece
- University of Houston College of Engineering, Houston, Texas
- Senaca College of Applied Arts & Technology, Toronto, Ontaria, Canada
- ESSCA, Angers France
- ESSCA, Budapest, Hungary
- EUROMED, Marseille France
- ESC ROUEN, France