SVKM’s NMIMS Deemed-to-be University’s Mumbai Campus is conveniently located at JVPD Scheme, close to the Domestic and International Terminals of the airport in the financial and commercial capital of the country, Mumbai. It has seven Schools in its ambit with each School operating like an independent business unit and having its separate infrastructure.
- School of Business Management
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
- School of Pharmacy & Technology Management
- Balwant Sheth School of Architecture
- School of Science
- Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce
- School of Distance Learning
The campus has 40,000 square feet of built up area. Each of the Schools have classrooms, seminar and the conference halls, MDP centres, Libraries, Computer centres that are fully air-conditioned and equipped with multimedia and other instructional hardware.
The R. M. Desai Library Learning Resource Centre at the NMIMS and the School of Business Management and libraries of each of the Schools are well furnished and air conditioned with a total stock of more than 47,000 volumes and subscribes to about 308 Indian and Foreign periodicals spanning all aspects of management. The libraries also house 520 video’s, 320 audio’s, 190 CD’s, 275 VCD’s, annual reports, management games, news clippings, newsletters and case studies. The open access system facilitates free use of books on the shelf.
In addition to the regular services, NMIMS also provides facilities like inter library loans, audio listening facilities, etc. A photocopier is available within the library to make extraction of information easier. The library also organizes book exhibitions during the year.
The library is a member of BCL (British Council Library), AIRC (American Information Resource Centre), BMA (Bombay Management Association), MANLIBNET (Management Library Network), AVEHI (Audio Video Edu Resource Centre), Advance Standard Council of India and ECCH (European Case Clearing House Ltd). Library also has tie ups with Harvard Business School for cases for other Harvard products.
Library services provided are – Reference Service, ILL-Inter Library Loan, Current Awareness Service (CAS), Info Alert/SDI – Selective Dissemination of Information, TOC of the day, Library Databases.
Today’s business environment is more competitive than ever before and corporations that are capable of acting on today’s business demands and realising tomorrow’s opportunities have the cutting edge. Many of the Middle and Senior Management from leading companies have participated in the various Management Development Programs organized by NMIMS.
NMIMS houses a state-of-the-art Management Development Program(MDP) hall. MDPs for the industry are a regular feature of the NMIMS’s interaction with the corporate world. Programs are custom designed to suit the requirements of individual organizations and also retailed.
Higher education relies a lot on I.T. infrastructural resources. NMIMS has been consciously and consistently building its I.T. infrastructure since its inception. We have embraced technology to a very great extent.
- Air-conditioned classrooms with PC and LCD projectors integrated with campus wide network
- Fiber optic network backbone and 100 MBPS Ethernet technology connecting all classrooms and departments.
- 4 MBPS leased line for Internet connectivity round the clock
- Branded World-class Wireless secured Hotspots.
- Branded World-class High end Servers.
- Branded World-class High end Desktop Computers.
- NAS Storage systems for Maintaining Campus wide database and connectivity..
- Multiple Level Hardware Firewall to protect the entire network.
- Academic ERP-Integrated Institute Management System covering On Line Transaction Processing and M.I.S. from Admission to Evaluation integrating Library, Purchase & Accounts.
- Each student equipped with branded Laptops.
NMIMS has deployed an integrated Institute Management System designed to track and manage the day-to-day activities of the NMIMS. It is a complete automated administration solution designed to enhance the productivity of staff through automated and integrated processes.
This system acts as an Online Transaction Processing system able to handle large volumes of data as well as a Management Information System that provides the much-needed management reporting.
The system covers the modules such as student and registration, employee/faculty details, attendance recording and reporting, time-table/schedules, examination and results, library management, integrated accounts/inventory, payroll, purchase and fixed assets.
The most significant benefit of this system has been the creation of a central repository of data on students, faculty, staff, programs and courses which can be seen by those who have the access rights.